Saturday 5 July 2014

Buddleia




For my residency at Bath Artists Studios I am interested in exploring with new materials alongside my drawing practice and yesterday I got stuck in with threading flowers ready to hang. The inspiration came from working with flowers recently for my sisters wedding and finding the fantastic floral installations by Rebecca Louise Law.

The opening for Forest of Imagination is also next Friday and although my work so often stems from nature it is a good opportunity to focus on this aspect of the work more.

Yesterday was also rather a fortunate day, I was walking along the river path admiring the flowers, wondering how I could get my hands on a large amount without stealing from the hedgerows. I came across the council cutting down these. The man I spoke to was happy for them to go to a good home, reluctant to be removing them but unfortunately they were too overgrown for the cyclists.












www.sophieerin.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment